I don’t like to play favorites (yes, I do), but if I had to choose a fave cocktail, the margarita would be going home a winner. It’s got all the right elements, I think, a cocktail should bear. Not overly sweet, bright & refreshing, and, most importantly, it’s got a serious kick.
I’ve closed out the year with margaritas. I’ve celebrated a beautiful summer day with margaritas (& my even more beautiful BFF). I like margaritas so much, my first (legal) drink was a margarita from Chipotle. I’ll never forget that first taste of the perfection that is eating Mexican food & drinking tequila.
So babes, it would behoove you to have a good-sized lunch to soak up all the impending tequila, because tonight we’re having margaritas!
Here’s how it’s done.
- 4 oz Lime Juice (fresh squeezed please)
- 6 oz Silver Tequila
- 2 tsp Orange Liqueur
- 2 oz Simple Syrup (Combine equal parts water & sugar, heat until dissolved. Keeps in the fridge for a week)
- Chilled rocks glass(s) filled with ice (I used a wine glass, use whatever glass you like, it’s your cocktail)
- Jigger or other measuring device
- Cocktail shaker filled with ice
- Salt for rimming the glass
- Slices or wedges of lime for garnish
Gather your arsenal.
Prep your glass(s) by rubbing the rim with a lime wedge then dipping the glass in salt. Then, fill your glass with ice.
Into the shaker, pour the lime juice, tequila, orange liqueur, & simple syrup (I missed the shot of the lime juice going in, forgive me).
Shake until chilled through. Then, strain into your prepared glass(s), garnish with lime, & drink up! This recipe makes 2 drinks, so share with a friend… or don’t 😉
What’s your fondest margarita moment?