Hey Party Babes! I don’t know about you, but I love any excuse to decorate, dress up, & entertain. Luckily, Independence Day is a very worthy excuse. So invite your crew over & warn the neighbors, because it’s about to get crazy in your backyard!
No one likes being held hostage in the kitchen while all the fun is happening outside, so here’s a pre-preped & grill-friendly menu of BBQ faves.
Chips & Dip • Punch • Beer • Hamburgers • Hot Dogs • Corn on the Cob • Potato Salad • Baked Beans • Green Salad • Jello-O
The Day Before:
- Make this potato salad
- Make these Jell-O parfaits, but hold off on adding the toppings
The Morning Of:
- Make a boozy Sweat Tea punch
- Simmer 1½ cups each sugar & water until the sugar dissolves; let syrup cool. Mix 8 cups chilled strong black tea, 1 cup each lemon juice & bourbon, & the syrup in a punch bowl. Add some lemon slices. Serve over ice. (Recipe via Food Network Magazine’s 50 Party Punches)
- Make your favorite green salad
- Make/ buy your favorite salad dressing (this ranch looks easy enough)
- Put out cups, plates, silverware, & napkins
- Put out the punch, beer, ice water (you’ve got to stay hydrated!), & any other drinks you’d like
- Put out your favorite chips & store-bought/ homemade dip (I love Ruffles w/ Onion Dip)
- Put out the potato salad
- Put out the salad & dressing (serve the dressing on the side to keep the lettuce crisp)
- Put out the Jell-O & top with Cool Whip & Strawberries
- Plate your burger & dog toppings & condiments
- The Classics: American, cheddar & swiss cheeses, lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, relish, ketchup, yellow mustard, mayo
- The Contemporary: crisp bacon, blue cheese, arugula, avocado, jalapeños, grilled onions, Sriracha, Dijon mustard, aioli
- Dump your favorite canned baked beans into a saucepan & place on the grill to heat through
- Grill the corn, season it to your liking (this sounds delish) & serve it with these
- Grill the hamburgers (here’s a helpful video)
- Grill the hot dogs
- Toast the buns, if desired
- Stab these into the burgers & dogs & let your crew dress them to their liking
- Eat & drink too much in perfect reflection of American excess
And there you have it. Now hang your Star Spangled Banner, crank up your 4th of July Jams, & fire up that grill!
What else are you babes cookin’ up tomorrow?