I simply could not resist the perfectly pink grapefruits at the market this week. A favorite breakfast of mine is a piece of toast, half a grapefruit with a little honey, & a cup of tea. I figured I could stretch my luscious fruit find into a lovely cocktail as well.
The Greyhound is a breeze to put together & the fresh squeezed juice makes it feel oh-so Summer-y.
So let’s get to it! You’ll need…
- 2 oz Vodka
- 6 oz Grapefruit Juice (fresh squeezed please)
- ½ oz Simple Syrup (Combine equal parts water & sugar, heat until dissolved. Keeps in the fridge for a week)
- Jigger or other measuring device
- Rocks glass filled with ice
- Cocktail stirrer or spoon
- Slices or wedges of grapefruit for garnish
Round up your ingredients.
2 oz Vodka
6 oz Grapefruit Juice
1/2 oz Simple Syrup
Into your glass, pour in the vodka, grapefruit juice, & simple syrup.
Stir well until everything is combined. Pop a wedge of grapefruit on the rim to garnish & get to sipping!
What fruits do you go to for cocktail inspiration?