I don’t like to play favorites (yes, I do), but if I had to choose a fave cocktail, the margarita would be going home a winner. It’s got all the right elements, I think, a cocktail should bear. Not overly sweet, bright & refreshing, and, most importantly, it’s got a serious kick.
I’ve closed out the year with margaritas. I’ve celebrated a beautiful summer day with margaritas (& my even more beautiful BFF). I like margaritas so much, my first (legal) drink was a margarita from Chipotle. I’ll never forget that first taste of the perfection that is eating Mexican food & drinking tequila.
21st Chipotle Margarita
So babes, it would behoove you to have a good-sized lunch to soak up all the impending tequila, because tonight we’re having margaritas!
Here’s how it’s done.
- 4 oz Lime Juice (fresh squeezed please)
- 6 oz Silver Tequila
- 2 tsp Orange Liqueur
- 2 oz Simple Syrup (Combine equal parts water & sugar, heat until dissolved. Keeps in the fridge for a week)
- Chilled rocks glass(s) filled with ice (I used a wine glass, use whatever glass you like, it’s your cocktail)
- Jigger or other measuring device
- Cocktail shaker filled with ice
- Salt for rimming the glass
- Slices or wedges of lime for garnish
Gather your arsenal.
Rub the lime around the rim
Dip the glass in the salt
Fill the glass with ice
Prep your glass(s) by rubbing the rim with a lime wedge then dipping the glass in salt. Then, fill your glass with ice.
6 oz tequila
2 tsp triple sec
2 oz simple syrup
Into the shaker, pour the lime juice, tequila, orange liqueur, & simple syrup (I missed the shot of the lime juice going in, forgive me).
Shake until chilled through. Then, strain into your prepared glass(s), garnish with lime, & drink up! This recipe makes 2 drinks, so share with a friend… or don’t 😉
What’s your fondest margarita moment?