On this day in 1867, Secretary of State William H. Seward spent 7.2 million dollars on the purchase of Alaska from Russia. At the time, some Americans criticized this purchase, calling it “Seward’s folly”. It wasn’t until major discoveries of gold were made in the 1890’s that Alaska was seen as a valuable acquisition. Today, we know it was the right move.
To celebrate this great land that I now call home, today’s Who’s Hungry is all Alaskan!
- Sourdough Bread from Grit
- Reindeer Hot Dogs from Travel and Leisure
- King Crab Eggs Benedict from Confections of a Foodie Bride
- Slammin’ Alaska Salmon Burgers with Garlic Dill Aioli from Allergy Free Alaska
- Tequila-Lime Halibut Tacos with Red Cabbage Slaw from Use Real Butter
- Baked Alaska from Food Network